Edible sugar mosaics for cake decorating with Shelley Miller!
Mosaikashop says, Let them eat mosaic cake!
School is out! Bring your school aged child and their fee is half price (accompanied by adult). Recommended age is over 10.
CHANGE OF DATE: Tuesday July 26 10am-4pm
Tuesday July 26, 10am-4pm
This workshop will be in English only.
Reserve your spot now: email@example.com
Get creative this summer and let The Edible Mosaic Workshop guide you to make your own edible sugar mosaic cakes! You’ll learn to make your own fondant tiles, paint them to look like decorative ceramic, and make Picassiette style mosaics, all edible! We’ll also do some colourful fondant millefiori style technique to add variety and give you plenty of options for your unique custom cake
One day intensive workshops will cover:
- Demo of how to make sugar fondant tiles
- Technique and tips for painting your custom sugar tiles.
- Each participant will be given their own sugar tiles ready to paint
- We’ll also do fondant “millefiori” technique
- Participants will leave class with a design ready to apply to a cake.
- All materials included in workshop fee (participants are asked to bring some small paint brushes if they have, but some will be provided)
At the end of class we’ll eat some cake!
Shelley Miller is a Montreal-based visual artist who specializes in public art. She has created permanent commissions for the McGill University Health Centre in Montreal (MUHC), the Agence métropolitaine de transport (AMT) and several other locations in Montreal. She is also known for her ephemeral sugar installations, using both piped sugar on city walls in a graffiti style, and hand-painted sugar tile murals, referencing the style of traditional azulejo tile murals.
She has received numerous grants and fellowships from the Canada Council for the Arts, CALQ (Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec) as well as received the Commonwealth Arts and Crafts Award.
Mosaika’s Birthday Anniversary Cake!
You can see more of her work on her website: www.shelleymillerstudio.com